I would like you to consider the possible costs of not planning your day in advance:
- You may believe there are no reasons to get out of bed and follow your morning routine.
- You may see no point and/or feel no urgency in doing anything during the day.
- You may engage yourself in negative self-talk and feeling sorry for yourself as soon as you are awake, as your mind is free of tasks, responsibilities and any excitement.
- You may feel pessimistic and lethargic during the day, as you follow no purpose and no passion. Nothing energises you!
- You may feel that your life does not belong to you and you are not in control of your decisions and lifestyle.
- You may feel drained and drowned by routine and boredom.
- You may feel stuck, trapped and powerless.
- You may feel overwhelmed by the amount of things to be done.
- You may feel unimportant and insignificant.
- You may deprive yourself of fun, hobbies and relaxation as you feel you don’t deserve them.
- You may feel stressed by things that should have been done yesterday or things that require your immediate attention.
- You may regret wasting another day away and go to bed disappointed and defeated.
As you can see failing to plan your day ahead of time is surely a plan to fail. This strategy will erode your self-esteem and will continue to drive you deeper into the darkness of feeling helpless, hopeless and inadequate.
When depressed, you cannot afford to enter another day without planning ahead of time!
Next time, I will illustrate this core message with some examples. Until then…
Stay strong, remain hopeful and seek inspiration!
Read the illustration here (Click on the title): To Plan or Not to Plan: A story of two approaches…
Photo by: 123RF Stock Photos